150g (5oz) plain flour
Pinch of salt
65g (2½oz) cold, unsalted butter, diced
25g (1oz) sugar1 large egg, beaten
250g tub mascarpone
200g (7oz) bar good quality white chocolate
142ml carton double cream
400g (14oz) fresh raspberries
Golden icing sugar to dust
- Sift the flour and salt into a food processor. Add butter and whiz until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add sugar and just enough egg to bring the mixture together - use the pulse button to help you. Shape pastry into a disc, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30min.
- Roll out the pastry, then press into the base and sides of a 20.5cm (8in) fluted pastry tin. Prick all over. Cover with a large circle of baking parchment and top with baking beans. Chill until firm. Preheat the oven to 190°C (170ºC fan) mark 5.
- Bake for 12-15min until the pastry has set. Remove beans and parchment and continue baking for 5-10min until the pastry is dry and slightly sandy to the touch. Cool in the tin on a wire rack.
- Melt the mascarpone and chocolate together in heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water. Don't stir, otherwise the mixture will thicken into a sticky mess.
- Remove bowl from pan and set aside to cool completely. Meanwhile, lightly whip the cream. Fold chocolate into the cream. Spoon the filling into the pastry case and chill. To serve, top with raspberries and dust with icing sugar