Fondant Filled Chocolates

Hey!! Wonder where I had got to? Well, I am back and I have a great and SO easy recipe for you to try!

Ingredients

3oz cream cheese
2 1/2 cups (10 oz) icing sugar
4-6 drops of food colouring
4-6 drops of flavouring



Method
  1. Mix the cream cheese and the icing sugar together.
  2. Start with four drops of food flavouring and then carefully add flavouring and colour as desired.
  3. Mix until the mixture is an even colour. You may wish to add more icing sugar if your mixture seems a bit thin.
  4. Melt the milk chocolate and half fill your moulds. (depending on your moulds you may want to experiment with the following method but this worked perfectly for me.
  5. Using a icing piping bag put a blob of the mixture into the centre of the chocolate (see picture below).
  6. Spoon a small amount of chocolate onto the top to seal and then place in the fridge.
  7. Turn out when set.
  8. Keep in the fridge until needed.



I used low fat cream cheese, just to try and convince myself that these are healthier! Put full fat os fine also. I had to go to eBay for the flavouring, I was struggling to find sweet flavourings but found an American company LorAnn Oils which do a great range and are very reasonably priced.

Hey! I'd love to know if people are using my recipes!! If you are leave a wee comment on the recipes post! Also, why not head back and let me know how you got on!!?

1 comment:

Redkathy said...

Oh wow these look great. I like making chocolates and candies. For many years I made them for my entire family for Christmas. That was 1500 or so pieces... I just don't have the energy or money to do it anymore.