Review - Top Secret Recipes

Top Secret Recipes - Todd Wilbur

Have you been here yet? Well, if you like Fast Food, and Lord knows I do, then this is the site for you. Todd Wilbur shows us how to recreate the tastes of all your favourite Fast Food Recipes, at home! From the McDonalds Big Mac to Crispy Creme doughnuts there is something for everyone.
Why do I bring this up now? Well, I decided to test him out, something simple, something straight forward - The Big Mac. Off down the supermarket I went clutching my shopping list and after some strange looks from passers-by as I cried 'What and Where is Sweet Pickle Relish? - Lord have mercy!!' I had my bag of goodies.
The recipe asked for the sauce to be left for several hours or overnight and I have to admit it got about a hour at most before being burgerised! I followed his instructions even on how to build the burgers before presenting them to the Husband - 'Burger Mc Rosie Macs' I announced (or something similar). And so to the tasting - -
Wonderful!! The sauce didn't taste like anything, in fact it tasted like vinegary mayonnaise when it was just in the bowl, but once it was on the burger.... WoW! It was like eating a Big Mac! Even the Husband liked them and he is the eater of many a Big Mac. I will definately be making these again! Want to try it out? Go Here for the full recipe - McDonalds Sauce
So whats the site all about. Well, the site, which is wonderfully laid out and whose moving banner I shall steal for this blog :), is very easily navigated and broken down into obvious sections. The site lists all the current recipes available, some are free and some you have to pay a minimal 79cents for. The recipes are easy to understand, in plain English and show that they have been written by a self confesed non-cook. It also has the added benefit of a comments section on each recipe so you can see how other people got on and any advice or tips they have for achieving, or in some cases improving the recipe!
You are also able to buy the various cookery books, containing the recipes and a few more, I am definately in the market for one and I think everyone should have one on the shelf. What's even better is that you can see the ingredients, so unlike buying from a local fast food resturant you know exactly what is in the mix!!
I definately recommend you take a look, you will be more than pleasantly surprised and you will be amazed at how you too can make fast food favourites in your own home!!

No comments: