Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce

The nights are drawing in and it is starting to get colder, we had the first morning of scraping the car windows just this past week. But why does the cold weather mean we should have to stop having all those tasty desserts? Like... ice cream! Too cold for ice cream? Not if we get some hot fudge sauce on it!!!!

Ingredients

4 ounces of chocolate
3 tablespoons of butter
2/3 cup boiling water
1 2/3 cups suger
6 tbsp corn syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract

  1. Melt the chocolate oand butter on a low heat in a heavy saucepan.
  2. Carefully add the boiling water and stir well.
  3. Add the sugar and corn syrup and stir until smooth.
  4. Turn up the heat and stir until the mixture starts to boil, then maintain the heat at boiling point for 9 minutes.
  5. Remove from the heat and let it cool for about 15 minutes. Stir in the vanilla extract.
  6. Store in a microwave safe jar in the fridge.
  7. To use warm in the microwave for around 30 seconds.


Hey! I'd love to know if people are using my recipes!! If you are leave a wee comment on the recipes post! Also, why not head back and let me know how you got on!!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got me from the first "chocolate"

I'll try to prepare this and will get back with another comment.

Tina Butler said...

This sounds decadent Rosie. I gotta try this. Thanks for stopping by my site, I love new visitors I will definitly be back at your site I feel right at home.

Kim said...

I love your blog..it is great! I will definitely have to try this sauce.
Kimmis Krazy World
Berriedreams
Love World Mall
The Learning Rock
Flipping Adventures
Kims Kountry Kitchen
Postcard from Somewhere
Busy Bee Village
Talk Time with Kim

Anonymous said...

Nice! This is great and so easy to make! Perfect for some of the holiday treats I'm gonna making. Thanks for sharing :)