The Guy Cometh..

Well, November the 5th is here!
Remember, Remember the 5th of November
Gunpwder, treason and plot.
I see no reason that gun powder treason
should ever be forgot!
And it won't be, this Saturday is the long awaited Bonfire/Firework party! Not sure what the current guest count is, not as many as hoped but still enough to make my mum run round like a headless chicken! But as promised I will start adding the recipes that are going to grace the tabel at the party so you to can enjoy the toasty, tasty smells of Bonfire Night! As you can see I have already added a wonderful Cheesy Pepper Bread, now this is great and by peppers I mean capsicum types, not black pepper! I usually make bread, with the yeast and the waiting and the kneading and the more waiting and the cooking but this was SO fast, 40 minutes, total time. Only 30 minutes to cook! Seriously give it a go, I served it last night as a side to chilli (basically couldn't wait till Saturday to try it!) and oh boy!! It is also freezable (I have included instructions on how to re heat, in the recipe). What else is going to make it to the table? Well, the Baked Toffee Apple Tart making a comeback after its big debut success! But also a nice Pumpkin based cake, forward thinking you see, from the old Halloween Jack o Lantern! And, after a suggestion from one of my visitors a Pineapple Cheesecake - but with this one I am going - individual.... In terms of the main courses.. HA! Who needs 'em, bring on the sugar!! No, I am not incharge of the main courses, got mum on that one, but I am going to try a slight variation on the Barbeque Skewers marinade, but change it to suit chicken, we'll see how that goes!
Oh and you may have noticed Rose's Guides in the left bar, well this is the start of some guides I am writing to try and help all those new chefs out there! They are still needing additions and there are many more to come but if you have any suggestions to improve what's there or anything you would like to see added let me know!!

No comments: