Rocky Road


Ingredients

  • 100g butter
  • 150g dark chocolate
  • 150g milk chocolate
  • 3 tbsp golden syrup
  • 150g digestives , roughly crushed
  • 200g , marshmallows quartered (use scissors)


Method

  1. Gently melt the butter, chocolate and syrup in a pan over a low heat, stirring frequently until smooth, then cool for about 10 mins.
  2. Stir the biscuits and sweets into the pan until well mixed, then pour into a 17cm square tin lined with foil and spread the mixture to roughly level it. Chill until hard, then cut into fingers.

Want to give it a go? Download the .pdf version, easier than writing it out!!


After a discussion on the Blog Catalog forum about digestive biscuits I just had to make some Rocky Road, I love this and for some reason I associate it with Bonfire Night, don't know why. However, it is not one of the things that I am taking to the Bonfire Party at my Mum's, there is a whole host of recipes coming your way for that!!!

Hey! I'd love to know if people are using my recipes!! If you are leave a wee comment on the recipes post! Also, why not head back and let me know how you got on!!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are digestives or digestive biscuits? I guess I can google it. Also... I love chocolate.

Rosie said...

Digestives are a slightly sweet, slightly salty biscuit here in the UK. I assume you are from the US? I have been having this conversation already and, although they appear to be different, Grahams Crackers and Digestives are interchangeable in recipes.
However, someone said there is a good example of a Digestive in Carr's Assorted Biscuits for cheese. Any sweet biscuit would do :)

Also if you love chocolate this is THE recipe for you.