10 Days to Faster Reading

I have just finished the 10 Days to Faster Reading book by Abby Marks Beale. It was excellent. It talks you through various techniques for speeding up not only your reading but your comprehension as well. At first I was dubious as to whether this would work, sometimes it felt as if I was just skimming across the words without really taking anything in! But I was! After each exercise there was a comprehension test which asked questions about what you had just read and I was astonished that I was actually remembering and taking in the information!!

I would definately recommend this book to anyone wanting to speed up their reading, or even to people who are just interested in the techniques! You will not be disappointed! I doubled my reading speed over the 10 days, and if i'm honest I didn't put in as much practice as was recommended! I went up to 480 words per minute with an 80% comprehension rate! I intend to continue practicing the techniques in the book to try and increase this further.

The book also recommends further titles to extend your abilities!

Seriously, give it a go!!



No comments: