Pocket Pairs and Painkillers

Well, it was the poker finals yesterday. Starting a 3pm and going on to.. well.. the end! Unfortunately, although I have no idea why, even with the few reserves we had playing we were still 16 people short! So the final only had 40 players instead of 56, not so far to go to win but less impressive to go out 40th! The day seemed to go well though. The Rosebank put on some great buffet food, LOVE buffet food! Pig Out! And a really nice atmosphere. I have to admit I expect I looked pretty grumpy by about 5pm though as I started getting a migraine and was not feeling very well at all! So apologies to anyone who thought I was being miserable! Only had one paracetamol with me and that did no good and no one had any paracetamol wiith them!! I even had the bar staff going out to their cars looking for them!! Thanks guys!

I didn't do too bad, came 14th overall and won a buy-in to an online tournament to win a trip to Vegas. To be honest though not sure how much use it will be! Its a 'whoever has the most points after 8 games' wins kind of thing and i am not sure I am anywhere near good enough to get even close. Maybe there are smaller prizes or something. But even so it was great to actually win something! Dave didn't do as well as he had hoped but there were several players out early who really should have been in longer!

I am just pleased that I managed to get further this time than I did last time. 19th last time, 14th this time. Go me!

No comments: