Growing Pains

Hi,

big news of a very chuffed nature!! I bought, last year some passion flower seeds and started growing the vine in oour conservatory. Well, the vine grew and grew and grew but I was going passed hope that it would ever flower. I know nothing about growing passion flowers, I'm a stick it in the pot and see, treat 'em all the same, kinda grower. Well, after looking desidedly dead for a while, and I had no idea why, it has started growing again and yes, you've guessed it!! It's flowering!! It is not the worlds prettiest flower but it is very exotic looking and I am well pleased that I managed to get it to flower!!

It joins in our conservatory a very strange cucumber. Not strange in itself, it was just a freebie given away at work, but I am growing it upright!! i decided to grow it in the conservatory as my greenhouse has been wrecked... its a long 'Cat On A Weak Plastic Roof' story. So I bunged the plant in a pot and off it went, I noticed it put out little grabby feelers an thought great, taht'll save space if I can get it to go up, 'stead of just leaving it flopping about. Well, it seems perfectly happy to go up and has gone up and up!!

I have been doing great with my garden and growing attempts this year!! Loads of tomatoes of my one plant, loads of beans of my 8 beans and the passion flower/cucumber success.. well... My secret? Leave 'em alone!! They have all resulted from me bunging them in a pot and saying:
'Get on with it then.'

Hurray for hands-off gardening!!!

No comments: