Last Day of Work ... and Surprises All Round!!

Well, what a great last night and this morning!! Some totally unexpected gifts and celebrations! Its really weird I didn't think that people would be that interested, I don't mean that in a negative way, obviously I don't think that they would just be kind of
"oh, a wedding, blarghhh"
I thought there would be congratulations and questions from those not in the family and a few wishes of good luck but I have been blown away by the niceness of people.

Take last night, the last day of poker for us for the next 3/4 weeks (except Sunday, but we have established that that doesn't count) Two of the people we know from the poker, Barrie and Isobel gave us a card and a gift which was totally unexpected! Thanks very much guys! Then totally out of the blue was a gift and card from the lady whos pub we host the poker in!! A beautiful gift it was too (even if someone else did unwrap it!) I was quite overcome, I am not used to people making such a fuss!! :) :) :)

Then to just add to my "wow!" I get into work today, late (never trust alarm clocks!!) to find that everyone has signed a card, and decorated my desk with balloons and banners and even put together a little guide to marriage for us! LOL We are also heading out for lunch to a Indian resturant!! I am again so happy, I am really not used to this and it is so nice!!!

No comments: