Flowers & ... Feet??

Today was flowers day, also it was hair day and make up day but they are in another post, this post shall be entirely for flowers!!!

Had a meeting with the florist...

It was very productive although it was two hours of standing up, mucho sore feeto. I was already pretty sure what I wanted, in a vague kind of way. I don't know much about flower arranging, scratch that, I know nothing about flower arranging. But I knew the effect I wanted and I knew the flowers I wanted featured, anything that needed to be added to make it happen, was fine with me.

Luckily we are using a florist who ran a shop down the street from my parents bookshop and so had known me all my life, this meant she knew the kind of thing that I would like, I felt comfortable in letting her decide and producing something that I would love.

The flowers that I wanted featured were Black Baccara roses and some form of cream ones. Also Calla Lillies in 'black' and cream. Beyond that I was easy!!



Oh the other thing that I wanted is fish bowls. You know the round things for goldfish! Well, after much discussion the fish bowl design was set. 2 or 3 cream callas coiled around inside the bowl, with one cream one out of the centre (this was suppose to look like a candle as the one we are actually having on the table are quite small). The bowl will be part way filled with water and at the bottom we have battery powered, waterproof, tealights which will sit in some burgandy voile! This will all sit on a mirror tile and be surrounded by some little burgundy tealights!

The top table is having some large arrangement in the middle that trails downwards, through which will be little nightlights. This arrangement is having both colours of the two flowers I wanted in the arrangements.

My bouquet is just having the roses (cream and black) plus alot of foliage and floaty business (see I don't know anything about flower arranging). My bridesmaids have similar design but with the calla lily included. The flwoergirls are having a single lily wrapped in some voile.

It all started to look and feel completed. I was happy that the florist again seemed to be giving me what I wanted and directing me to what could be done without making it feel like I was being told what I wanted!!

Hurray!!! Another thing off the list..

Oh and some of those dark roses are going on the cake as decoration!!

No comments: