Mmmmmm - Cake

We went to sort out the cake today. Spoke to the man. We are getting our cake from the somewhat dubiously named 'Pie Bob's' in Arbroath. I thought that David was joking when we pulled up outside! I have to admit I dis say
"There is no way I am geting my cake from a place called 'Pie Bob's'!!"
However, there is apparently little in a name, the company was called Angel Cakes (much more suitable) and was a subsiduary of Pie Bob's. The guy was great and really knew his cakes and what would be best without making it his cake rather than ours! We are going for three layers, bottom layer chocolate fudge!!!!! second layer which is directly on top of the bottom layer will be straight sponge and then the third layer is a light fruit cake (me and david don't like the dark stuff) but this layer is perched on some little columns. The icing is going to be cream, as this was closest to the the ivory of my dress and he is going to try and match the ribbon that goes around the cake board to my burgandy on my dress. The decoration is going to be fresh flowers, the roses from my bouquet, which are Black Baccara and Cream. More on the flowers in a flowers post, have yet to speak to the florist.

No comments: