- To make the pastry, rub the butter into the flour, then mix in the sugar and a pinch of salt. Combine the pastry into a ball - don't add liquid - and knead it briefly. The dough will be fairly firm, like shortbread dough. You can use the dough immediately, or chill for later.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C.
- Roll out the pastry and cut out large circles and line the cupcake tin. Make the lids by cutting smaller circles. Add 1 teaspoon of mincemeat to each pie base. Top the pies with their lids, pressing the edges gently together to seal - you don't need to seal them with milk or egg as they will stick on their own. (The pies may now be frozen for up to 1 month).
- Brush the tops of the pies with the beaten egg. Bake for 20 minutes until golden. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack. To serve, lightly dust with icing sugar. They will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container.
- The number of pies made will depend on the size that you make but this recipe should make approx 16 mince pies.
Made these with the mincemeat below and they are great and very quick and simple to make, and I still have loads of mincemeat left!! That aught to be goo as I don't think they are going to last very long!!
Hey! I'd love to know if people are using my recipes!! If you are leave a wee comment on the recipes post! Also, why not head back and let me know how you got on!!?