Creamy Basil Casserole

Creamy Basil Casserole

Ingredients
Steak, chunked to bite sized pieces (enough for 2 - 3 people)
1 Red onion
1 White onion
3 garlic cloves
4-5 tablespoons of whipping cream
2 tsp of pesto
200mls gravy


Method

  1. Pre-heat oven to 200oC.
  2. Brown the steak chunks in a little olive oil. I used Olive Oil infused with basil to add extra flavour. When meat is ready transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish. I left the meat a bit red on the inside to avoid it getting chewy in the oven.
  3. Cut the onion into large chunks and add to the frying pan. Finely chop the garlic and add that. Brown the onion chunks, keep stirring to avoid them burning. Add the gravy, I just used instant but any will do.
  4. Bring the mixture to a simmer and then add the cream. Stir in well.
  5. Add the pesto and ensure it is thoroughly mixed.
  6. Tranfer the onion mixture into the casserole dish and mix in the meat. Put the lid on then put into the oven for 45 - 60 mins. Stir occassionally to avoid the top of your casserole drying out.
  7. Serve. I served with home grown runner beans and a baked potato.

Hey! I'd love to know if people are using my recipes!! If you are leave a wee comment on the recipes post! Also, why not head back and let me know how you got on!!?

No comments: